Thursday, November 11, 2010

Teaching R-E-S-P-E-C-T!



I love this program!!! It is so vital that we teach our children the basics of respect, courtesy, and proper social etiquette. It boggles and scares me as I see kids nowadays sporting an abrasive personality, with little respect for his/her fellow peers and older generation. As much as I felt there were too much discipline in the Asian schools I attended, the one thing they taught well was respect. Part of our elementary class curriculum was a huge focus on respect to our family, friends, and authority. It was part of our English, history, foreign language, and health classes. That has stayed with me through the years. Although I'm not Little Miss Perfect when it comes to complete and utter respect and courtesy, I feel past lessons on respect have definitely steered me in the right direction. I work better with others in a group setting as I am able to listen to their opinions from an unbiased view. What do you do at home to foster this kind of behavior? Does your child's school emphasizes good behavior?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails