Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why We Teach: Our Profession Through Our Eyes

Have you ever had a teacher that completely inspired you? I have. I had a teacher who was the head disciplinary mistress at my all-girls elementary school in Asia. She was also my science teacher and was a tough as can be. Every student hated her. However, as willful as I was as an 11-year-old student, who loved being challenged and challenging my teachers and peers, she saw something in me and took me under her wing. I was not afraid of her. Instead, I respected her and worked hard in her class. I did that because she gave me something very few teachers offer their students - respect and an eye for the potential that was in me. Do share with us your stories of teachers or mentors who have inspired you along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails